Hydrocarbon Sense Cables
- Low Sensitivity
- Suitable for volatile liquids in confined environments
- Suitable for weakly polluted environments
- Leak Location on Section Length
- Re-usable and Pre-connected Cable
- Suitable for Explosive Area Service
- Insensitive to Water and Inorganic Pollutants
FG-ODR: Low Sensitivity Addressable Oil Sense Cable
- FG-ODR is a digital sense cable for detection and location, along the entire length, of liquid hydrocarbons and liquid insoluble in water present on the cable.
- The FG-ODR cable is suitable for using with volatile liquids in confined environments and weakly polluted environments.
- It allows multiple leak detection and location thanks to independent digital addressing, enabled by an embedded microchip in each FG-ODR sense cable.
- Re-usable after leak detection.
- Can be installed in humid environment, as it is insensitive to water and inorganic contamination.
- Standard length (9, 22, 39 and 65 ft) sensor sections or long line section allowing optimized system architecture.
- A microprocessor embedded in each FG-ODR sense cable allowing independent digital transmission to the alarm unit.
- Standard length sense cable provided with built-in plug-socket connector.
- Long line provided with built-in intermediate embedded connections (for each section), plus connector at extremities on demand.
- Structure of the sense cable comprising a silicon sensing wire, a continuity wire, a communication wire (proprietary bus) and the power supply wires.
- Protective external PE braid built on the cable.
- Intrinsically safe – can be used in classified areas: Ex ia IIB T4 Ga (IECEx “Zone 0”).
- Reliable detection:
– Sensitive to volatile liquid hydrocarbons.
– Insensitive to water, inorganic pollutants and external loads (pressure).
- Examples of detection time: Gasoline: 20-30 minutes (*), Jet Fuels: 2-4 hours (*), Diesel Oil: 3-6 hours (*).
- Detects and locates hydrocarbon leaks on the section length.
- Can be reused, allowing leak detection tests under real conditions.
- The same unit FG-NET can be connected to FG-ODR sense cables and mixed with water or acids/bases sense cables at the same time.
- Easy to install and remove: standard FG-ODR cables pre-connected with male / female connectors.
Note (*): depending on liquid composition and leak conditions
Embedded micro controller in each female connector of the FG-ODR sense cable allows detection and localization of multiple leaks on the same circuit